Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
Pre-Check Documents is available. If you choose to not pre check your documents, and JIDS receives your documents with errors, you will be charged for a representative to assist you with corrections.
Concierge Service is available for this country
Updated on September 8,2022
Visa-Exempt Entry (Starting from September 12, 2022, designated foreign countries are eligible for the visa exemption entry scheme) Visa-Exempt Entry
Applicable foreign nationals starting from September 12, 2022
Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of s
United States of America
- If traveling more than 90 days a visa will be needed.
- *Purpose of entry
- —such as engaging in tourism, visiting friends or relatives, attending social events, conducting business, attending exhibitions, and engaging in fact-finding missions or international exchanges—who then intend to engage in activities that, according to the laws and regulations of relevant agencies, do require a permit must still obtain such a permit. Those who intend to enter Taiwan for purposes that require qualifications, such as religious work, must obtain a visa from an ROC overseas mission before entering Taiwan
JIDS can help you renew it if you need more validity. If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services
- A passport with remaining validity of at least six months as of date of entry and have on entry with at least one blank visa page for entry and exit stamps.
- Must complete a health declaration form online within 48 hours before arrival.
- All travelers must undergo a COVID-19 saliva test upon arrival before being allowed to proceed to their pre-booked residence address or government-based facility. If the test is positive, traveler undergoing quarantine at their residential property will be notified and permitted to undergo home care at the same location during their quarantine period. If the test is positive, traveler undergoing quarantine at a designated hotel will be notified and transferred to an enhanced epidemic prevention hotel, designated quarantine center or hospital for further treatment.
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
- Proof of sufficient funds upon entry to cover expenses for your intended length of stay
- Know your hotel information
Highly Recommended: Let us register you.
Foreign nationals who hold an ordinary passport or other travel document and intend to stay in Taiwan for less than six (6) months for the purposes of transit, sightseeing, visiting relatives, attending a training course, receiving medical treatment, engaging in business, or other activities as listed at https://www.boca.gov.tw/lp-158-2.html.
According to the current policy from the CECC, foreign nationals may apply for the special entry permit (visa) for the following purposes:
- Visiting relatives (relatives in Taiwan must be R.O.C. (Taiwan) nationals or valid Alien Resident Certificate holders),
- Joining family (foreign spouses and minors only),
- Study (formal degree programs or exchange program),
- Studying Mandarin,
- Business visits, investment, fulfilling contractual obligations or employment,
- Volunteer work,
- Religious work,
- Study of religious doctrine,
- International exchanges,
- Working Holiday Schemes (Youth Mobility Programs), and
- Emergencies, and on humanitarian grounds, and other cases given special approval by the CECC
- 1/INVITATION is mandatory the host must send an invitation from Taiwan to be included with all documents to the consulate.
- 2/Letter of explanation (Explanation of how the guarantee and the guarantor met, as well as any proof of communication and the guarantee’s itinerary while in the R.O.C).
3/Business Registration from Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Business registration of the company in the R.O.C, or the amendment of business registration document from the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
4/Letter of Guarantee For VISA Application
申請中華民國簽證保證書- GO HERE TO PRINT FORM :“Letter of Guarantee for Visa Application to the Republic of China”, the letter of guarantee would require an official stamp from the company of the guarantor; if the guarantor is not the owner/representative of said company, then a letter of authorization is required for the person submitting the “letter of guarantee”.
- 5/COVER LETTER FROM US COMPANY
- For business letter please note the following:
- Applicant must submit a Business letter of support from a U.S. based company.
- This letter must be on your company letterhead.
- This letter must be sign by someone other than the applicant.
- Passport Information
- How your expenses will be paid
- Must be an original signed document.
See example below:
Example of Business Letter
- 6/LETTER NOTARIZED stating permission for a representative from Justin Document Service Inc. to submit and pickup your documents addressed to the Consulate General of Taiwan Visa Department6
- 7/ One Visa Application Original signed in ink/no electronic signatures accepted
- 8/ Justin Document Service – ORDER FORM & copies Mandatory order form, which must be included with your original documents to JIDS.
- ORDER FORM then PRINT to include with documents.
- COPIES of all documents included in your package to JIDS. If copies are not included, then a $10.00 copy fee will be applied.
- 9/PROOF OF TRAVEL
- Must submit a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agency or online travel site. E-confirmation from an airline or travel company showing departure from the U.S. and arrival/departure to and from your visa destination. Acceptable with a valid record locator.
- 10/PASSPORT PHOTOS
Passport Quality (taken within past 6 months)
If this applies to your company, then include
- Proof of commercial business exchange (Invoice(s), import/export documents, shipping orders…etc).
11/Rush Consular FEE is $160.00
for 10 business days or more from when the Consulate accepts your application from JIDS
$25.00 (single entry) 50.00 (Multiple)
Rush fee to request 5-6 business day service (at discretion of the Consualte) in addition to $160.00
Money order fees apply from JIDS or you can include your own money orders. JIDS will complete the needed information on these money orders.
- If you’re a United States Alien resident, a copy of your Green Card must be attached to your application.
- If you’re a United States Visa holder, a copy of your U.S. Visa must be attached to your application.
- Application form signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Notarized letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Original and copy of the minor’s birth certificate.
For a U.S. Citizen – $160.00 subject to change
For a Non-Citizen-call JIDS
- Applicable fee paid in U.S. Post Office Money Order, only. If you wish to include your own money order
- DO NOT WRITE or STAMP any information on your money order.
JIDS can obtain this money order for you.
See our pricing sheet for fees associated with this.
Please NOTE: Embassy fees may change without notice. JIDS does not assume any responsibility for changes. The above fees DO NOT include JIDS service fees, or return mail fees.
If JIDS is paying government fees (consular or passport agency fees) on your behalf a 5.9% processing fee will be added.
JIDS FEE is separate fee and can be found on our pricing pages. Each Country varies, ask JIDS exactly what your fee will be.
- Federal Express starting at $58.95 for priority Weekday Delivery based on zip code. Special Deliveries of Federal Express VARY (Ex. SATURDAY DELIVERY OR 8AM DELIVERY, call for rates). RESIDENT home deliveries are an additional $3.00 to have signature required. Verify SIGNATURE OR NO SIGNATURE must be selected.
- You can include a printed air bill to avoid additional charges. Account numbers without air bill will be charged $5.00.
- OFFICE DROP OFFS AND PICKUPS are normally between 9a-2pm Monday thru Friday Please call JIDS TO VERIFY TIMES.
- If stay is over 90 days a health certificate, including HIV test must be submitted with application.
- Visit the Center for Disease Control: CDC.GOV for complete health requirements.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS :Subject to change :
- You will be required to present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result in English taken within 48 hours before departure. The test will be calculated based on the “specimen collection date” not the test report date.
- Mandatory Health Form: complete a health declaration form online within 48 hours before arrival.
As of July 7, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that it will increase the total number of arrivals allowed entry every week to 40,000 beginning today and that, effective from 00:00 on July 14 (incoming flight’s scheduled arrival time in Taiwan), R.O.C. nationals, Alien Resident Certificate holders, and transit passengers will be exempt from providing a result of a PCR test taken within two days of flight schedule time. However, those who test positive for COVID-19 abroad must wait over seven days from the specimen collection date to take a flight to Taiwan in order to maintain safety on the flight and epidemic prevention efforts in the community.
- COVID-19 saliva test upon arrival before being allowed to proceed to their pre-booked residence address or government-based facility. If the test is positive, traveler undergoing quarantine at their residential property will be notified and permitted to undergo home care at the same location during their quarantine period. If the test is positive, traveler undergoing quarantine at a designated hotel will be notified and transferred to an enhanced epidemic prevention hotel, designated quarantine center or hospital for further treatment.
- Everyone is required to quarantine at a residence address or government-based facility for 3 days. The quarantine residence address is required to meet the principle of one person per room during the quarantine. If the principle of one person per room cannot be followed, travelers could complete the 3-day quarantine at a government-based facility. After the 3-day quarantine, travelers are required to monitor their health for 4 more days.
The CECC stated that requirements with regard to the quarantine period, location, testing, home quarantine, and the self-initiated epidemic prevention period for arrivals remain unchanged, which are listed below:
- Quarantine period and location:
A. The day of arrival counts as Day 0; a three-day quarantine and four-day self-initiated epidemic prevention following the end of quarantine are required.
B. Epidemic prevention rules to follow during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period:
1. Avoid going outside unless necessary.
2. A negative result from an at-home rapid test taken within two days should be presented if an arrival needs to go out to work or buy daily necessities.
3. Masks must be worn at all times when outside and social distancing must be maintained.
4. An arrival fulfilling business contractual obligations may go to work, conduct site visits, give a speech, or have a meeting, provided that a mask must be worn at all times when outside and social distancing must be maintained.
5. Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be maintained at work; masks can be temporarily removed when dining and should be put on after finishing dining.
6. Avoid going to crowded venues or contact with nonspecific persons.
7. An arrival fulfilling business contractual obligations may dine alone or with specific persons in a separate space in a restaurant, provided that table dividers must be installed or social distancing must be maintained.
8. Non-urgent medical services or examinations should be postponed.
C. An arrival should observe the rule of one person per residence in his or her quarantine location or stay in a quarantine hotel; in principle, the arrival should undergo the three-day quarantine and four-day self-initiated epidemic prevention in the same location. Furthermore, in consideration of shared living arrangements for migrant workers, fishermen, and students as well as their higher risk of cluster infection, regulatory authorities of respective businesses continue to be responsible for asking such individuals to complete their self-initiated epidemic prevention period in their quarantine location and not to attend classes, work, or go out unless necessary during the period.
- Testing measures:
A. PCR testing: deep-throat saliva samples will be collected from arrivals for PCR testing at the airport/port of entry on the day of arrival (Day 0).
B. At-home rapid tests: two rapid test kits will be given to arrivals aged 2 and older by workers at international airports/ports upon arrival; arrivals can use the test kits when symptoms occur during quarantine and before they go out for the first time during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
III. Transportation from the place of arrival to the quarantine location: besides taking quarantine taxis, arrivals can get a ride from their friends, relatives, companies or organizations, and epidemic prevention measures for quarantine vehicles as well as other prevention protocols should be followed.