Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
Pre-Check Documents is available. If you choose to not pre check your documents, and JIDS receives your documents with errors, you will be charged for a representative to assist you with corrections.
Concierge Service is available for this country
- No visa for up to a 90 day stay for US Citizens
- A visa is not required for Taiwan for US CITIZENS a stay of up to 90 days*
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 90 days: Andorra, Australia* (effective from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2019), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras*, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan*, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Marshall Islands*, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia* (effective from May 21, 2018 to March 31, 2020), Norway, Palau, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu*, the United Kingdom, the United States of America*,and Vatican City State.
- Other nationalities must inquire with JIDS.
- *Purpose of entry
- Those who have entered Taiwan visa-free for purposes that do not require a permit—such as engaging in tourism, visiting friends or relatives, attending social events, conducting business, attending exhibitions, and engaging in fact-finding missions or international exchanges—who then intend to engage in activities that, according to the laws and regulations of relevant agencies, do require a permit must still obtain such a permit. Those who intend to enter Taiwan for purposes that require qualifications, such as religious work, must obtain a visa from an ROC overseas mission before entering Taiwan.
- Valid Signed Passport
- Applicant must submit their current signed passport. Applicant must also include a color copy of the information page of the passport.
Note: In order to obtain visas, passport must have at least two blank visa pages side by side. Pages in the passport marked “Amendment” pages are not valid for visas.
JIDS can help you renew it if you need more validity. If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section.
- A passport with remaining validity of at least six months as of date of entry and have on entry with at least one blank visa page for entry and exit stamps.
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
- Proof of sufficient funds upon entry to cover expenses for your intended length of stay
- Verify with your airline that travel is permitted without a visa
- Know your hotel information
Ports of Entry
|Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei Songshan Airport, Taichung Airport, Chiayi Airport, Tainan Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport, Taitung Airport, Hualien Airport, Kinmen Airport, Magong Airport, Keelung Harbor, Taipei Harbor, Taichung Harbor, Kaohsiung Harbor, Hualien Harbor, Shuitou Harbor, and Fu’ao Harbor.|
Highly Recommended: Let us register you.
- Applicant must submit (2) color, passport style 2 x 2 photograph.
- The photos must be recent within 6 months, and generally not the same photo as in the passport.
See digital image requirements: Passport Photo Requirements.
- Must submit a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agency or online travel site. E-confirmation from an airline or travel company showing departure from the U.S. and arrival/departure to and from your visa destination. Acceptable with a valid record locator.
- Must have confirmed return ticket and no criminal record.
- If more than 90 day stay then visa is required. Additional documents :
- A letter of introduction stating the purpose of your trip and sponsorship information.
- Bank Statements for the past two months
- Cover Letter from the U.S. Company
INVITATION is mandatory the host must send an invitation from Taiwan to be included with all documents to the consulate.
Note: Self-employed must also submit a copy of a recent bank statement.
- For business letter please note the following:
- Applicant must submit a Business letter of support from a U.S. based company.
- This letter must be on your company letterhead.
- This letter must be sign by someone other than the applicant.
- Passport Information
- How your expenses will be paid
- Must be an original signed document.
See example below:
Example of Business Letter
- LETTER NOTARIZED stating permission for a representative from Justin Document Service Inc. to submit and pickup your documents addressed to the Consulate General of Taiwan Visa Department.
Justin Document Service – ORDER FORM & copies Mandatory order form, which must be included with your original documents to JIDS.
- ORDER FORM then PRINT to include with documents.
- COPIES of all documents included in your package to JIDS. If copies are not included then a $10.00 copy fee will be applied.
Give yourself peace of mind!
Simply fill out this form STEP FORM and let JIDS do it for you $20.00.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency. Read more…
- If you’re a United States Alien resident, a copy of your Green Card must be attached to your application.
- If you’re a United States Visa holder, a copy of your U.S. Visa must be attached to your application.
- Application form signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Notarized letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Original and copy of the minor’s birth certificate.
For a U.S. Citizen – $150.00 subject to change
For a Non-Citizen-call JIDS
- Applicable fee paid in U.S. Post Office Money Order, only. If you wish to include your own money order
- DO NOT WRITE or STAMP any information on your money order.
JIDS can obtain this money order for you.
See our pricing sheet for fees associated with this.
Please NOTE: Embassy fees may change without notice. JIDS does not assume any responsibility for changes. The above fees DO NOT include JIDS service fees, or return mail fees.
If JIDS is paying government fees (consular or passport agency fees) on your behalf a 5.7% processing fee will be added.
- Federal Express starting at $29.95 for priority Weekday Delivery based on zip code. Special Deliveries of Federal Express VARY (Ex. SATURDAY DELIVERY OR 8AM DELIVERY, call for rates). RESIDENT home deliveries are an additional $3.00 to have signature required. Verify SIGNATURE OR NO SIGNATURE must be selected.
- You can include a printed air bill to avoid additional charges. Account numbers without air bill will be charged $5.00.