Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
Pre-Check Documents is available. If you choose to not pre check your documents, and JIDS receives your documents with errors, you will be charged for a representative to assist you with corrections.
Concierge Service is available for this country
- Passport and Visa are required. Must apply within 3 months of arrival date.
- Valid Signed Passport
- Applicant must submit their current signed passport. Applicant must also include a color copy of the information page of the passport.
Note: In order to obtain visas, passport must have at least two blank visa pages side by side. Pages in the passport marked “Amendment” pages are not valid for visas.
JIDS recommends your passport is valid for at least six months past the last day of stay from international destination.
JIDS can help you add additional pages to your passport or renew it if you need more validity. If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section.
- Please staple the photos on the forms
- Applicant must submit (2) color, passport style 2 x 2 photograph.The photos must be recent within 6 months, and generally not the same photo as in the passport.
See digital image requirements: Passport Photo Requirements.
- Must submit a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agency or online travel site. E-confirmation from an airline or travel company showing departure from the U.S. and arrival/departure to and from your visa destination. Acceptable with a valid record locator.
- Hotel information.
- If for business travel -Invitation
- Invitation letter from a company or organization in Bulgaria
- If Business – Cover Letter from the U.S. Company
Note: Self-employed must also submit a copy of a recent bank statement.
- For business letter please note the following:
- Applicant must submit a Business letter of support from a U.S. based company.
- This letter must be on your company letterhead.
- This letter must be sign by someone other than the applicant.
- Passport Information
- How your expenses will be paid
- Must be an original signed document. Afghanistan also requires Passport Information in the letter.
See example below:
Example of Business Letter
- Hotel information.
- For visitors: an invitation letter by family members or friends
- For Tourists: Proof of hotel reservation(s)
- Single/multiple entry in Burundi, valid for up to 90 days
- $90.00 : Single/Multiple entry visa
- $40.00 : Transit visa ( visa allowing a short stopover up to 48 hours);
- Rush fees Additional -30 US$but not guaranteed TAKES UP TO 3 WEEKS TO PROCESS in Washington Embassy Allow mail times as well.
- Visa to be issued within 24 to 48 hours from submission to consulate at discretion of consulate.
- Applicable fee paid in U.S. Post Office Money Order, only. If you wish to include your own money order
- DO NOT WRITE or STAMP any information on your money order.
JIDS can obtain this money order for you.
See our pricing sheet for fees associated with this.
Please NOTE: Embassy fees may change without notice. JIDS does not assume any responsibility for changes. The above fees DO NOT include JIDS service fees, or return mail fees.
If JIDS is paying government fees (consular or passport agency fees) on your behalf a 5.7% processing fee will be added.
- Federal Express starting at $39.95 for priority Weekday Delivery based on zip code.Special Deliveries of Federal Express VARY (Ex. SATURDAY DELIVERY OR 8AM DELIVERY, call for rates).RESIDENT home deliveries are an additional $3.00 to have signature required.Verify SIGNATURE OR NO SIGNATURE must be selected.
- You can include a printed air bill to avoid additional charges. Account numbers without air bill will be charged $5.00.
- International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever . A copy of a yellow fever vaccine certificate must be present with application.
- Visit the Center for Disease Control: CDC.GOV for complete health requirements.