Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
All persons are advised that they must have the following documents upon entering The Bahamas:
● Passports, valid for at least six (6) months from date of departure from The Bahamas.
● A return or onward ticket;
● Documentation (visa, re-entry permits etc.) to enter a country other than The Bahamas for which one is ticketed;
● Sufficient funds to finance the visit to The Bahamas
● Evidence of accommodation for the duration of the trip
Travelers MUST FILL out HEALTH FORM
- All travelers are required to submit the Travel Health Visa Application at least 24 hours prior to departure. After completing this form it is advised to EMAIL THE CONSULATE WITH THE ID NUMBER CONFIRMATION here is the email : Consulate@BahamasNY.com
- This will ensure faster approval when the consulate gets this email from you. They will make sure you are approved to travel since the Consulate is very busy, we recommend you doing this.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are required to upload a valid proof of vaccination which shows that they have passed the two-week immunity period, and a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR test result issued within 3 days before arrival or a negative rapid antigen test result issued within 3 days before arrival when they apply for the Travel Health Visa Application. Unvaccinated travellers are required to upload a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR test result issued within 3 days before arrival when they apply for the Travel Health Visa Application.
- Travelers are exempt from 14 days “Vacation-in-Place” quarantine requirement if they have valid negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued no more than 3 days before arrival or proof of full vaccination.
- Vaccinated children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to present negative rapid antigen test result issued no more than 3 days before arrival. Unvaccinated children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to present negative rapid antigen test result or RT-PCR test result issued no more than 3 days before arrival.
- All vaccinated travelers with proof of full vaccination are exempt from a 14-day health monitoring. Unvaccinated travelers are required to complete an online health survey each day of their stay for up to 14 days.
- All travelers will be required to present proof of health insurance with COVID-19 coverage during the completion of the travel health visa form.
- Download HubbCat mobile application for contact tracing
Citizens of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, most other Commonwealth countries, the European Union, and many other countries do not require visas for The Bahamas. However this HEALTH FORM IS MANDATORY. You can check here if you need a visa :
For anyone who does require a visa you can go here : Electronic visas can now be renewed online at https://mofa.gov.bs/evisa-online-services/
JIDS can do this EVISA FOR YOU
CALL JIDS if you need your passport renewed before you do EVISA. If you would like JIDS to do this for you call us.
If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section.
No Visa required for up to a 8 month stay for nationals of USA resident in mainland USA (incl. Alaska and Hawaii).
No Visa required, for up to a stay of 3 months for nationals of USA resident in US territories.
Give yourself peace of mind !
Simply fill out this form STEP FORM and let JIDS will do it for you $20.00
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency. Read more…..
Vaccinations are NOT required unless travel is from or through an infected area. Visit the Center for Disease Control: CDC.GOV for complete health requirements.