Congo (Democratic Republic)
Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
URGENT and RUSH requests should do a pre check to save time and money.
Pre-Check Documents is available. If you choose to not pre check your documents, and JIDS receives your documents with errors, you will be charged for a representative to assist you with corrections.
Concierge Service is available for this country
- Passport and Visa are required.
- Valid Signed Passport VALID 6 months from last day of stay /or visa validty requested
- Must have TWO SIDE BY SIDE BLANK PAGES FOR THE VISA STAMP
- Passport copy ( BIO page only) and copies of previous DRC visas (If applicable).
- Applicant must submit their current signed passport.
Note: In order to obtain visas, passport must have at least two blank visa pages side by side. Pages in the passport marked “Amendment” pages are not valid for visas. JIDS can help you renew it if you need more validity. If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section
JIDS recommends your passport be valid at least 3 months from last day of stay.
- One application form properly filled out, dated and signed by the applicant
- completed and signed in blue or black ink
- For safety reasons, kindly use paper clips or tape instead of staples with the applications.
- Applicant must submit (2) color, passport style 2 x 2 photograph.The photos must be recent within 6 months, and generally not the same photo as in the passport.
See digital image requirements: Passport Photo Requirements.
- Must submit a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agency or online travel site. E-confirmation from an airline or travel company showing departure from the U.S. and arrival/departure is acceptable with a valid record locator and name of the traveler.
Note: Self-employed must also submit a copy of a recent bank statement.
- For business letter please note the following:
- Applicant must submit a Business letter of support from a U.S. based company.
- This letter must be on your company letterhead.
- This letter must be sign by someone other than the applicant.
- Passport Information
- How your expenses will be paid
- Must be an original signed document. Afghanistan also requires Passport Information in the letter.
See example below:
Example of Business Letter
- Signed and notarized in the Democratic Republic of the Congo City Hall
- Proof of funds (e.g. bank statements)
- Proof of employment (e.g. letter from your employer)
- Other documents relating to your trip, such as an invitation from your personal contacts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, tour agenda, etc…
- If you’re a United States Alien resident, a notarized copy of your Green Card must be attached to your application.
- If you’re a United States Visa holder, a copy of your U.S. Visa must be attached to your application.
Application form signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Notarized letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Original and copy of the minor’s birth certificate.
- A copy of a US State ID.
Minimum of ten (10) business days for processing the application once submitted to Consulate. RUSH CAN BE REQUESTED and is at the discretion of the Consulate.
SINGLE ENTRY Single entry (1 month validity visa) $100 Single entry (2 months validity visa) $135 Single entry (6 months validity visa) $400 MULTIPLE ENTRIES Multiple entries (1 month validity visa) $120 Multiple entries (2 months validity visa) $150 Multiple entries (3 months validity visa) $160 Multiple entries (6 months validity visa) $450
- $450.00 Validity at discretion of the consulate
Please note: No refund will be granted. Please note that all applications submitted to the embassy are reviewed by the DRC immigration services. The issuance of visas, including visa duration and number of entries, is thus at the discretion of the immigration services. Fees are waived for diplomatic and US official visas. Immigration services reserve the right to issue or deny visas to any applicants.All payments have to be made to the Embassy of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- money order, cashiers check or certified check
- Federal Express starting at $59.95 for priority Weekday Delivery based on zip code.Special Deliveries of Federal Express VARY (Ex. SATURDAY DELIVERY OR 8AM DELIVERY, call for rates).RESIDENT home deliveries are an additional $3.00 to have signature required.Verify SIGNATURE OR NO SIGNATURE must be selected.
- You can include a printed air bill to avoid additional charges. Account numbers without air bill will be charged $10.00
- International certificates of yellow fever vaccination showing proof of immunity against yellow fever (valid within six months). Must be submitted with application.
- Visit the Center for Disease Control: CDC.GOV for complete health requirements.