Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
- Passport and Visa are required.
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE please contact the consulate directly to ask about visas upon arrival.
- Valid, signed US passport.
- US citizens NOW require visas and a PERSONAL APPEARANCE is required depending upon where you enter, please contact the consulate directly. Phone: (212) 682-9440.
- Nationals of USA arriving at Asuncion (ASU) can obtain a multiple entry visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 90 days.
- Must verify with consulate before departure.
- International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Vaccination against yellow fever for all passengers over 9 months of age, except if visiting the city of Asuncion only. Check with consulate.
- Malaria prophylaxis: malaria risk, almost exclusively due to P. vivax, is moderate in certain municipalities of the departments of Alto Parana and Caaguazu.
- In other departments there is no or negligible transmission risk.