Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
- Passport and Visa are required.
- JIDS must make an appointment to submit your documents, once submitted processing time is approx. 14 days for issuance of visa. PLAN ACCORDINGLY
Your Checklist– Documents Required
Valid U.S. Signed Passport
*Korea requires 6 months from last day of stay for a visa to be issued.
Applicant must submit their current signed passport. Applicant must also include a color copy of the information page of the passport.
Note: In order to obtain visas, passport must have at least two -three blank visa pages side by side. Pages in the passport marked “Amendment” pages are not valid for visas. JIDS recommends your passport is valid for at least six months past the last day of stay from international destination.
JIDS can help you renew it if you need more validity. If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section.
- US permanent resident card (or valid long-term US visa) & copy(if not US Citizens)
Applicant must submit (2) color, passport style 2 x 2 photograph.The photos must be recent within 6 months, and generally not the same photo as in the passport.
- See digital image requirements: Passport Photo Requirements.
Proof of Travel
Must submit a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agency or online travel site. E-confirmation from an airline or travel company showing departure from the U.S. and arrival/departure to and from your visa destination. Acceptable with a valid record locator.
If Business Cover Letter from the U.S. Company as well as
- Invitation letter of Korean partner company given by KOREAN HOST COMPANY
- Note: For business letter please note the following: Applicant must submit a business letter of support from a U.S. based company.
- This letter must be on your company letterhead.
- This letter must be sign by someone other than the applicant.
- Passport Information
- How your expenses will be paid
Business letter must be an original signed document. Invitation letter can be sent from Korean company and does not need to be original.
See example below:
- Example of Business Letter
- Self-employed must also submit a copy of a recent bank statement. Recent 1 month bank Statement (if your travel expense is not covered your company)
Give yourself peace of mind!
Simply fill out this form STEP FORM and let JIDS do it for you $20.00.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency. Read more…
Fee(Cash or Money order ONLY) : $45 for US Citizens
$40(Single entry less than 90days), $60(Single entry more than 90 days) for Non-US Citizens
- Fees vary depending on nationality