Important Notice

Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa.

Call JIDS if you would like assistance obtaining this visa.

Entry requirements for NON US Citizens with  a US RESIDENCY GREEN CARD: Justin Document can assist with ETA VISAS , please call us for further details.

Entry requirements for US Citizens:

Valid Signed US Passport 

Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity.


One page required for entry stamp

Note: JIDS recommends your passport is valid for at least six months past the last day of stay from international destination. . If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section.

  • Citizens from USA and non US citizens who do not require a visa to Canada should check with the Consulate General of Canada’s website. for further instructions based on occupation.
  • whether you should carry an introduction letter from your company/and or an invitation from the Canadian based company to Canada when you travel. The consulate advises business travelers may need business visas or work permits based on occupation. All business travelers going to Canada for business meetings should carry a letter of intention from the US and or the Canadian company to present at customs upon arrival.
  • Tourist/Business visa is required for over 6 months stay.

Work, study, or immigrate generally do require visas. Consulate General of Canada now requires all travelers to work directly with the consulate to obtain visas if needed.

Travel with Minors: If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody, CBSA may require you to present a notarized affidavit of consent from the minor’s parents. Please refer to the CBSA website for more details.

Read JIDS Terms and Conditions of service

By requesting information , taking information from JIDS website, or by submitting an order to JIDS you agree to all terms and conditions listed.

PRINT OR EMAIL these instructions below: