Visa Validity for Mozambique
The Consulate of Mozambique in New York has put new visa validity requirements in place. Travelers must now enter Mozambique within 60 days of the date of visa issuance.
Please note this visa requirements are for US citizens only. If you are not a US citizen please contact our office at (914) 592-2760.
US passport must be signed, valid for at least 6 months and with at least 2-3 blank visa pages not amendment pages in passport. If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with obtaining new passport or passport renewal for a valid US passport.
Pre-Check Documents is available. If you choose to not pre check your documents, and JIDS receives your documents with errors, you will be charged for a representative to assist you with corrections.
Concierge Service is available for this country
- New Enforcement of Visa Requirements for Entry.
- U.S. citizens traveling to Mozambique should be aware of newly enforced entry requirements to obtain a visa in advance of arrival in the country. US CITIZENS ALSO. With the exception of nationals from a few neighboring countries, all foreigners traveling to the country require a visa. JIDS can help you obtain the visa. Call 914-592-2760.
- Valid Signed Passport PLUS a Photocopy of the passport bio page.
- Applicant must submit their current signed passport. Applicant must also include a color copy of the information page of the passport.
- Passport must be valid for at least six months past the last day of stay from international destination for single entry into Indonesia
- 1 year validity from last day of stay if applying for a multiple entry.
Note: In order to obtain visas, passport must have at least two blank visa pages side by side. Pages in the passport marked “Amendment” pages are not valid for visas.
JIDS can help you renew it if you need more validity. If you require passport services, please refer to our passport services section.
- Applicant must submit (2) color, passport style 2 x 2 photograph.
- The photos must be recent within 6 months, and generally not the same photo as in the passport.
- Must have at least 1 blank visa page.
See digital image requirements: Passport Photo Requirements.
- Must submit a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agency or online travel site. E-confirmation from an airline or travel company showing departure from the U.S. and arrival/departure to and from your visa destination. Acceptable with a valid record locator.
- Invitation from host in country
- A business letter of invitation from the company in Mozambique – explaining the reasons of the trip and being responsible for the stay in Mozambique.
- Invitation photo copy is acceptable.
- A letter of introduction stating the purpose of your trip and sponsorship information.
- Cover Letter from the U.S. Company
Note: Self-employed must also submit a copy of a recent bank statement.
- For business letter please note the following:
- Applicant must submit a Business letter of support from a U.S. based company.
- This letter must be on your company letterhead.
- This letter must be sign by someone other than the applicant.
- Passport Information
- How your expenses will be paid
- Must be an original signed document.
- Two copies if multiple entry requested
See example below:
Example of Business Letter
- Copy of your passport vital statistics page
Fill in the visa application form properly. It is very important that you provide all the information required, including the name and address of your place of stay in Mozambique. Please be advised that lack of information may result in delay of your application. Additional documents may be required.
- For family and friends Visiting Visas, a term of responsibility passed by the person to be visited in Mozambique and recognized by the notary, if a foreigner, also attach the copy of DIRE.
- For Tourist Visas, a document to confirm the applicant’s address during his/her time in Mozambique. Reservation of hotel.
Justin Document Service – ORDER FORM & copies Mandatory order form, which must be included with your original documents to JIDS.
- ORDER FORM then PRINT to include with documents.
- COPIES of all documents included in your package to JIDS. If copies are not included then a $10.00 copy fee will be applied.
Give yourself peace of mind!
Simply fill out this form STEP FORM and let JIDS do it for you $20.00.
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency. Read more…
3-4 day processing
- Single Entry Visa: $160 USD (max. 30 days within a 60 day period)
- Multiple Entry Visa: $180 USD (max. 30 days within a 60 day period)
- Multiple Entry Visa: $ 210 USD (max. 30 days within a 90 day period)
Extra Rush rates
- 24 hour or next day: $60 USD Extra
- Same day: $80 USD Extra
Single Entry Visa allows one entry. The length of stay can range from a minimum of 1 day to one month, renewable in Mozambique, provided that the Visa is still valid at the moment of application. Visas must be used within two months from the emission date.
Multiple Entry Visa allows more than one entry. The maximum length of stay for each entry is 30 days. Visas must be used within two months from the emission date.
- Applicable fee paid in U.S. Post Office Money Order, only. If you wish to include your own money order
- DO NOT WRITE or STAMP any information on your money order.
JIDS can obtain this money order for you.
See our pricing sheet for fees associated with this.
Please NOTE: Embassy fees may change without notice. JIDS does not assume any responsibility for changes. The above fees DO NOT include JIDS service fees, or return mail fees.
If JIDS is paying government fees (consular or passport agency fees) on your behalf a 5.7% processing fee will be added.
- If you’re a United States Alien resident, a copy of your Green Card must be attached to your application.
- If you’re a United States Visa holder, a copy of your U.S. Visa must be attached to your application.
- Application form signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Notarized letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Original and copy of the minor’s birth certificate.
- Federal Express starting at $39.95 for priority Weekday Delivery based on zip code. Special Deliveries of Federal Express VARY (Ex. SATURDAY DELIVERY OR 8AM DELIVERY, call for rates). RESIDENT home deliveries are an additional $3.00 to have signature required. Verify SIGNATURE OR NO SIGNATURE must be selected.
- You can include a printed air bill to avoid additional charges. Account numbers without air bill will be charged $5.00.
- If the applicant has been in a Yellow Fever endemic country, the applicant must bring Yellow Fever Certificate when traveling.
- Visit the Center for Disease Control: CDC.GOV for complete health requirements.